Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Jamestown smart home
At the core of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into a single united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color interface puts you in total control of your Jamestown home’s security and automation. See what it can do and explore recommendations to get started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Jamestown do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements via radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your property. You can disarm or arm your system, program lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When integrating a doorbell camera, you can even chat with whoever’s on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub has built-in cellular connectivity and a battery backup for enhanced reliability. It also offers total remote access and control with the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s an idea of the functions you can execute:
- Review real-time or saved footage from any integrated surveillance cameras
- Arm or disarm your home security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Modify your thermostat’s temperature
- Speak directly to your monitoring center
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Jamestown by programming schedules or initiating preferences. For instance, you might have your smart thermostat adjust automatically every night at a particular time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your doors unlock whenever the smoke alarm triggers.
Steps for arming and disarming your system
Before you delve into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll want to understand how to arm and disarm your security. It’s simple - just adhere to these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay indicates you will still be present in your house and arms all devices excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away means you will be gone, and each sensor in the home will arm.
- To disarm, just swipe down on the shield icon and enter your PIN.
You’ll notice a message if something is preventing the system from arming. To illustrate, an open door will urge you to act. Keep in mind that you are still able to arm your home’s security by following the steps above. You will then have to verify that you wish to bypass the sensor in question.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Jamestown
Even though multiple users can be entered during the initial installation, you will probably want to add or remove a user down the road. Here’s how it’s done.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right corner of the main screen.
- Tap “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Press “Name,” enter the new user, and tap the Next button.
- If you want to give the user remote access, select email or phone and submit the details to deliver an invite.
- Choose Next and then create a PIN for the added user.
- To take out a user, just go to the menu, touch users, choose the user you wish to get rid of, and then select “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Do you want to take control of your home’s automation and security via an easy-to-operate touchscreen console? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Jamestown home security system. Dial (601) 494-3394 to get started.