Online shopping and daily drop-offs have become customary for countless residents. You appreciate the convenience of having goods delivered right at your door, but there is a disadvantage. Those boxes sitting in the open are invitations to potential crooks. Porch piracy has become a real concern, but you have the chance to protect yourself from it by ordering a doorbell camera with your home security system. These surveillance instruments are great tools to dissuade opportunistic thieves, but they do a lot more.
Take a second to learn more about how they work and why they’re sure to be a crucial facet of your smart home.
Advantages of a Jamestown video doorbell
Available in wired and wireless options, video doorbells offer a range of innovative features, and the technology keeps advancing. You can now implement detection zones, speak to whoever’s on your porch, and get immediate notifications whenever an item is dropped off.
The easiest way to find out how a Jamestown video doorbell camera works is to delve into the various advantages it can provide. Take a look at the following features:
- Active deterrents: You won’t get this on each model, but there are several smart video doorbells that take an active role in discouraging burglary with signals that can be heard and seen. This is a great way to let prowlers know somebody is watching.
- Wide angle camera view: You need to see the total picture, and that should include the faces of individuals at your entry and items on the ground. Cameras with ultra-wide 180-degree field of vision offer a complete perspective.
- Crystal-clear footage no matter the hour: What’s the benefit of having a doorbell camera if the images are poor quality and difficult to see? Leading models will provide amazing HDR resolution and night vision.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you appreciate knowing when a package arrives? You are able to get automatic updates from video doorbells that can tell the difference between individuals and deliveries.
- Talk to the visitor at your door: Is a person lingering at your main entry? Bi-directional audio allows you to find out why they’re there. You might even take advantage of this handy feature to scare off people lurking around your entrance.
- Avoid false alarms: Leading doorbell cameras will even give you the opportunity to configure your own detection zones. Clearly identifying the area to be viewed will let you minimize false alarms triggered by pets or pedestrians.
- Instant access to footage: A video doorbell incorporated into your smart home gives you the chance to view live and recorded video directly from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like never before, as you are able to interact with them from the palm of your hand, no matter your location. They’ll inform you when a visitor arrives, provide visuals of what’s happening, and even allow you to communicate with whoever’s at your door. These components have turned into game-changers in terms of protection and convenience.