Tips to cut down on false alarms in Jamestown
False alarms may become a legitimate concern for your home’s security. Not only are they costly and time-consuming, but they might even erode the confidence you have in your installation. Fortunately, you are able to do a few things to reduce false alarms from your Jamestown sensors and alarms.
First, ensure that all components are installed properly. This might appear to be common sense, but it frequently happens that overlooked user errors result in false alarms. For the next step, keep an eye on possible culprits of false alarms, including a back door that may be left open inadvertently. And finally, you should try to incorporate the various features like home automation and geotracking to cut down on false alarms in Jamestown.
Is it really that straightforward? Keep reading to find out.
Can you side step false alarms in Jamestown?
Just like you would address any concern, the best course of action is to reference the owner’s instruction booklet. Make sure all devices are connected properly on your end by:
- Executing a checkup via your touchscreen smart hub.
- Visually evaluate each device to be certain it didn't get knocked out of place or need a battery change.
- Look over your scheduling to ensure that your system isn’t activating at inappropriate times.
- Make sure all recently added smart implements are configured correctly and aren't interfering with your system.
Reach out to your customer service representative if you still have problems cutting down false alarms in your Jamestown system. They'll be happy to schedule a tehnician to examine your system.
Inspect your entry points
When your configuration seems to be alright, the subsequent step is to do a sweep of the house. Are your entries tightly secured, or might there be a few inadvertently cracked? If an entrance stays unsecured, it could activate a motion sensor. If your family constantly neglects to close a door, you can implement a smart lock that automatically locks when your home security is activated. Regrettably, windows need additional hands-on attention, particularly if you have someone who likes to rest with a window cracked. Luckily, your Vivint alarm system makes it easy to deactivate that alarm while still guarding the rest of the residence.
Home automation tends to be a smart way to cut down on false alarms in Jamestown
One of the most effective techniques to lessen the probability of false alarms is to integrate home automation into your home security system. When utilizing your Vivint app, you’re able to:
- Set a schedule to disengage the alarm when you are home and avoid false alarms that result from accidentally unlatching a door or window. You can then program the alarm to reactivate automatically again after dark as you prepare for bed.
- Program the alarm to disarm as your smart locking mechanism is initiated with the proper code.
- Use geotracking to turn on your alarm if you leave the premises, then disengage when you come back to the house.
- Get smartphone notifications when your implements sense uncommon movements or need a fresh battery.
- Connect your system to a smart home speaker, so you can disarm and arm your system without the cell phone app or central interface.
Cut down on false alarms in Jamestown when you get a Vivint smart home
Greater command over your home security equates to fewer chances of false alarms. To build your Vivint smart home, contact (601) 494-3394 or send in the following form.