What should you do if your Jamestown home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system safeguards your property – and your loved ones – against the various risks you may experience, like break-ins, fire, and flooding. Although your home may be prepared, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are. Do you have a good idea of what to do if your Jamestown home alarm system goes off? The sound of an alarm can be startling, bewildering, and could incite panic. Your best option is to stay level-headed and abide by these easy suggestions.
Steps to Take When Your Home Alarm System In Jamestown Sounds
It’s a circumstance nobody wishes to face, but it’s also the reason why you put in a home alarm system from the outset. You’re woken up in the middle of the night with the telltale sounding of an alarm after a security sensor has been triggered. So what are you going to do?
- Don’t panic. This is simple to say but harder to accomplish when your home security alarm is blaring, and your heart is pounding. But staying calm is the optimal way to assess what is happening. Avoid the urge of trying to handle the emergency on your own but instead let your monitoring experts and first responders carry out their job.
- Attend to your family. Your priority should be your family members and leading them out of danger. In the case of a intrusion, this might include moving to an appointed secure area as far from entry points as possible. It’s likely that your alarm already frightened away the invader, but it’s always wiser to be safe than sorry. If there’s fumes or a blaze, you ought to exit your house without delay.
- Don’t forget your phone. These days, almost all homeowners take their smartphones with them always, but you may neglect to grab it during an emergency. Try to remember it. You’ll have the opportunity to stay in touch with your monitoring experts and obtain notifications through your home security app.
Work With Your Round-the-clock Monitoring Agents
Any time your home alarm system in Jamestown goes off, your 24/7 monitoring specialists will spring to action. Their first step is to verify your alarm, and that means reaching out to you. The procedure they follow depends on the kind of emergency. For example, when a medical emergency occurs, one effort will be made to get in touch with you before assistance is sent out. In the event of a burglary alarm - the most frequent kind of alarm - a monitoring agent will follow these steps to contact you:
- An effort will be made to reach you using the central command panel. You will usually be requested to provide a passcode.
- If that attempt is not successful, a call is made to your main contact number.
- A secondary number or first emergency contact is attempted next.
- If there still isn’t an answer, area police are deployed.
- Your monitoring professionals will follow up with you again after authorities are contacted.
If you're not in a position to interact with monitoring agents, that’s OK. Assistance will still be dispatched even if you're unable to substantiate the emergency.
Be prepared for any situation with a Vivint home alarm system in Jamestown
Get prepared for any situation with a contemporary home alarm system in Jamestown from Vivint. Contact (601) 494-3394 to begin the customization of your home’s protection today.